martes, 24 de abril de 2007

The Book or the Film?


Thanks for your active participation in the book and film discussion. I hope you have all enjoyed reading the book and watching the film. What did you like most about this experience? What can we do to improve it? Any films or books suggestions to include in the future? Let me know.

Comments on the Story:
"I, Robot" was published in 1950 and includes stories written in the 1940's, when general-purpose electronic digital computers were still in their infancy. I was struck by what a visionary Asimov was. He had captured the mechanics of contemporary software development through these stories about the manufacture of the intelligent robot, whose positronic brain contained complex programming that inevitably had bugs that needed troubleshooting. Anyone who has ever written a computer program or has fallen victim to software bugs will get an eerie feeling of deja vu while reading these stories. Asimov's writing style might not be the most polished in science fiction and his characterizations might be a bit wooden, but the concepts presented here will blow you away. This is required reading for any fan of science fiction.

Eileen Rieback

3 comentarios:

Fernando dijo...

I really enjoy this experience because it's always interesting to compare a book and a movie based on it. I hope in the future we can do the same with "Great Expectations”, “300”(although in this case it’s a graphic novel), “Gone with the wind” and “Mystic River”

Rodrigop dijo...

I think the book was very short (i know we read a short version, but it was extremely short), and the movie was very exciting, i think i prefer the movie, maybe because of the robot revolution, that was my favorite part

reyna dijo...

sorry for make my coment so late, but i just have find the adress of the blog. I think the movie is better as Rodrigo saids because we are more intrested in the effeccts of the movie and things like that, and in the book i think the author want´s us to imagine a world that we are already living and we are not intrested in that. I think the book is old comparing it with the movie and it doesn´t get our attention as the movie can.